Ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, the circus is about to begin!
Ahh there’s something that is just wonderfully fascinating and nostalgic about the circus. We look at the circus with awe and wonder, but are comforted by the fact that we are just spectators and after the show we go home. Today’s Britney Spears inspired custom wedding dress is a trip to the “Circus”.
This inspiration has got to be my favorite in terms of the fashion as well as the story! We at Avail & Company believe that every bride has an amazing story to tell through their wedding day and ceremony. This circus ringleader tells an amazing story on soooo many levels and I cannot help but draw parallels to them all. So cast your eyes on the center ring for the greatest show on earth!
The opening act is the fashion! Let’s start from the top and work our way down. What is a circus without a ringleader? This bride dawns a top hat with a satin band and feather, followed by a bustier top with a neckline edged with lace. Her arms are given sheer sleeves accented with lace and rhinestone crystals. This firecracker is given an amazing full black taffeta skirt with a raised hem in front and train in back. Adorning her legs we give her tights with rhinestone crystals as well. Finishing off the look you have to have some sparkling diamond jewelry!
As Britney performs Circus and I listen to the lyrics, I can’t help but see the similarities of her personal life, the planning of a wedding and that of a circus act. No doubt they are uncanny. Let’s see… the circus has spectators, performers, dancers, vendors, trained animals, freaks and clowns. I would say that Britney has all those aspects in her life, as well as many peoples experiences with their own wedding plans.
Even though your wedding planning can be an easy metaphor for a circus, that doesn’t have to mean it won’t be amazing. However, if left unchecked it can turn into a nightmare freak show of horrors. So before that happens here are some quick words of advice before your special day.
- Guard your heart above all else in this process, it determines how your wedding day will go and the course of your marriage.
- You’re gonna have bad days. DO NOT go to bed angry
- If someone in your bridal party, family or friends is being a disruption and causing problems:
- Go to them one on one first. If it works out great! You win.
- If not, bring a couple people close to you and go to that person together. It’s time for some backup.
- If all else fails and a compromise cannot be reached then ask this person not to participate in your wedding. Better this way especially if it comes to this point.
So enjoy your day as the ringleader with all the eyes on you at the center of the ring just like the circus!